The lovely Sally over at The Quirky Peach has nominated me for a Liebster Award! I had never heard of this award before and it’s really nice to receive it from someone’s blog I discovered recently and who’s given me a bout of envy over her lovely makes.
So here is what is up with the Liebster Award:
The Liebster Blog Award Rules:
– Nominees must link back to the blogger who awarded them
– Write 11 random facts about yourself
– Answer 11 questions asked by the blogger who nominated you
– Nominate other blogs and ask them 11 new questions
The hard part: 11 random facts about myself!
- I love everything related to owls. My grandmother collected owls and after she passed away the addiction kind of sprung over to me. It makes me feel close to her.
- I hate it when two kinds of blue pens are used on the same page 🙂
- Breakfast is spoiled when someone calls me right after I’ve poured milk on my cereals. I hate soggy cereals.
- I have a very spoiled cat ‘Noodles’ who’s the sweetest thing you’ve ever seen. She’s my baby as long as I don’t have any real ones.
- I’m a true SciFi fan. I went to our version of Comic Con and felt bad that I didn’t dress up!
- I think the hardest thing to do is think up random facts about oneself.
- I love to sew and people make me want to knit and quilt as well 🙂
- I recently discovered stamp carving and mind you it’s seriously addictive!
- I have the best boyfriend in the world and I can’t wait for him to become the best husband in the world.
- We’ve decided to build a house together.
- My secret hope is to have two kids and then twins (as I want 4 children and my boyfriend only wants 3)
11 questions to answer!
- What is your favorite thing you have ever sewn? My very first Renfrew, hence the engagement.
- Do you tend to sew more for yourself or others? I tend to sew more for myself but For you February made me sew for others and I liked it more than I expected.
- What is one thing you love about where you live? It’s very nice and quiet and people are so friendly. (Oops, that’s three things)
- Do you listen to music while you sew? If so, what kind? I don’t listen to music but I listen to audiobooks. Mostly Harry Potter (yay, Stephen Fry) and Game of Thrones.
- What is your dream project to sew? This is my goal for this year. Or possibly a wedding dress (my own off course)
- When did you start sewing? My grandmother introduced me to sewing when I was 6 but I really took it up June 2012.
- What is your favorite kind of fabric to sew with? I prefer working with cotton but I prefer wearing rayon knits.
- What do you do if you get in a sewing funk? Cut the same pattern out of 3 pieces of fabric and make them all in one go (or ASAP)
- If you could be any fictional character (movie, book, etc) who would it be? It’s a draw between Hermione and Daenerys Stormborne of House Targaryen (but it’s a long name to put on a certificate)
- What is always at the top of your grocery list? Red pesto!
- Who is your biggest fan? My cat and my boyfriend.
Which blogs do I nominate:
Since I’ve already given out an award and got to know a few new blogs since then I’m going to make a mixture of the two.
My questions for you:
- What’s the first thing you’ve sewn?
- What’s the first wearable thing you’ve sewn?
- Why did you start sewing?
- Who’s your biggest inspiration?
- Where do you find new sewing inspiration?
- What’s your favorite craft besides sewing?
- What’s your dream project?
- What’s your favorite sewing snack?
- What’s your craft space like?
- Which project were you most excited about that turned out a complete fail?
Be sure to check out all of these wonderful blogs, and of course the bestower of my Liebster Award – Sally over at the Quirky Peach.